General Submission Guidelines
Our team of editors and readers work hard to publish 365 stories a year. Please respect their hard work and time.
Are there any submission fees?
No. We will never charge submission fees. It’s not good for you or us.
Do you provide feedback?
It’s impossible to provide free feedback on every story submitted. We do offer in-depth feedback and a fast response for a fee.
What do you pay?
- We pay $40 (USD) for stories selected to be in Flash Fiction Magazine anthologies. We will contact you if you are selected.
- We do not pay for stories published on our website.
Do I retain my rights?
You retain all rights to your work. We take non-exclusive rights to publish your story.
What do we accept?
- We do not accept stories written by AI tools such as Chat GPT. If you submit such stories, we may ban you from submitting to our magazine.
- We are not interested in lyrical musings, journal entries, poetry, vignettes, or slices-of-life with no discernible plot or STORY.
- We accept fiction stories between 300–1000 words.
- No previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Let our editors know if your story is accepted elsewhere.
- We accept submissions from all over the world, but they must be written in English.
- We do not accept poetry.
- We do not accept children’s fiction.
- We do not accept erotica. Adult themes including sex, violence, and even politics are fair game.
- We don’t want to get into rights issues, so no living public figures as characters, fan-fiction involving proprietary characters (Batman, etc.), and song lyrics. Passing references to all of these are fine.
How often can I submit?
You are allowed to submit once a month. Priority Submissions are exempt from this rule.